Adding contacts to your contact list is simple in web-based clients like Outlook web app as it is within the Outlook app itself. But it is not possible in case of Google’s Gmail platform. If you want to add contacts to Gmail, you don’t have a direct option for that. Here we will discuss how to add contacts to Gmail.
Method to add contacts to Gmail on the WebIf you want to add contacts to Gmail 0n the web, then follow these simple steps discussed below:
- Open the browser that you are using.
- From there, go to the “Google contact’s website.”
- Sign in your Google account using your credentials like username and password.
- Go to “Create contract” option from the left side of the page and click on it.
- Fill the details of the contact correctly.
- Click on Save.
- Go to Gmail.
- Now look for an email from the sender you want to add to your contacts. Open that email.
- Click on the three dots icon present at the right of the message.
- Click on the option “Add to contacts list.”
- Now the contact is saved on your Gmail.
- Further, you can also edit details and add more information by going to “Google’s Contacts.”
Method to add contacts to Gmail on androidIf you want to add contacts to Gmail on your android phone, then the method is very simple. Just follow the steps below:
- Open the Contacts app on your phone.
- Tap on the plus icon present at the bottom right corner of the app.
- Fill the complete details of the contact that you want to add on your Gmail.
- If you want additional input fields to be filled for the contact, then click on “More Fields.”
- Click on Save once you have completed.
Method to add contacts to Gmail on iPhone and iPad.iPhone and iPad users can follow this procedure to add contacts to Gmail:
- Open Safari on your iPhone or iPad.
- From there, go to the “mobile web version of Google contacts.”
- Click on the plus icon present at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Fill the complete details about the contact you have added.
- Click on Save once you are done.
Method to import multiple contacts to GmailYou also have an option to import contact lists from a CSV list. To continue with it, you will be redirected to the older version of Google contacts. Once you’ve exported your contact list in CSV format from your current email ID, you can import the file into Gmail also. Follow these steps:
- Click on the link google.com.
- Click More. A menu will open.
- Select Import > CSV or vCard file.
- A pop-up window will open displaying that this preview version of Google Contacts doesn’t support imports. Click on the go to the old Google Contacts.
- Legacy version of Google Contacts will open now. Click on Import contacts.
- Click to Choose file and go to where your CSV file is saved.
- Press the Import Button.